On 17 July 2006, Tewkesbury Museum hosted the most illustrious…
Tewkesbury Museum wishes to strengthen its board of volunteer trustees. Do you have a few hours to spare every week, an interest in local history, and relevant skills or experience? If so, you may be able to help us!
Our trustees are responsible for delivering our aims and objectives, as set out in our Constitution, and for providing strategic leadership. All trustees attend 6-8 board meetings a year, chair meetings of a relevant committee (except the Chair of the Board), and carry out many of the Museum’s activities.
We have vacancies for the following positions:
Chair of the Board
- Summary of role: chair board meetings (6-8 times a year); lead on strategic direction; oversee implementation of agreed actions; represent the Museum at functions and to the media
- Qualifications: previous experience as chair of organisations; negotiating skills; knowledge of or strong interest in museums
- Summary of role: conserve, store and display the Museum’s accessioned collection; implement SPECTRUM-compliant procedures; provide the public with access to the collections
- Qualifications: strategic understanding of the small museum sector and collections management; curatorial experience desirable
- Summary of role: Health, Safety and Environment; organisational risk
- Qualifications: previous experience in HSE and general risk management
- Every year we hold a programme of walks and talks, a few ghost hunts and a Christmas grotto; and we hire out costumes for the medieval festival. These events further our charitable purpose and generate a sizeable proportion of our income
- Summary of role: find (pro-bono) speakers; arrange venues; liaise with the Alley Cats project for walks; advertise events; revive and oversee our sewing group; arrange costume hire; develop new events
If you think you may be able to fill one of these positions, please either fill in our Volunteer Enquiry Form, or contact Paul Drake at email@example.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunities organisation and welcome applications irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.